Thursday, May 5, 2011

You've Gotta be Kidding, Right?

Yes, I know I am going on an adventure to hunt javelinas, but when my mommy and daddy asked me if I wanted to go, they failed to tell me we have to drive 2,000 miles to get there…have they gone mad!  So let me get this straight; they want me to ride in a car for about 12 hours the first two days and 6 hours the third day and then when we arrive I will hunt for javelinas, who don’t forget, have the largest teeth of any north American predator and who really dislike dogs and try to attack us on sight?  Come on, really!?!   Is it too late to back out of this adventure…perhaps the cat would prefer to go.
I’m not some kid they can throw in the back seat and turn on a movie.  I am the kind of dog who likes to sleep late, have breakfast, and then go outside and play with my brothers for hours.  What will I do for 12 hours, chew on a bone?  I need attention, potty breaks, snacks, toys and so much more to keep me going for that long. 
Just to be certain I have everything I need on this trip, I am starting to pack.  Let's see...toys - check; bone - check; my special western bandanas - check; treats - check...
Let's see...what else?

3 comments:

  1. I hope Baxter and his Mommy and Daddy have a safe and happy trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mabe some shoes to take lol I will miss the baxter boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, I'm not sure who will have the "longer" trip, Baxter, or Mommy and Daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete