Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 6 - Where are the Javelinas?


Saying goodbye to my
friends, Michael
and Susan
Gosh, it's already Wednesday; time really does fly when you're having fun.  This morning we had to say goodbye to Mike and Susan.  They are on a two-week vacation traveling to Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota and Colorado...that's a lot of driving! 

Hola!
We have still not found any real javelinas and I am beginning to think that they are a myth (does anyone know, are they really real?).  So I asked Mommy and Daddy to help me look harder.  They agreed to do so, but first we needed lunch.  We went to Tlaquepaque (pronounced Tla-keh-pah-keh), Sedona Arizona's Arts & Crafts Village and had lunch at a Mexican Restaurant; the food was great.  We met a couple who were visiting from South Carolina...they loved me! 

Me and Roger
Also while at Tlaquepaque, I met Roger.  He was a very rare Australian Shepherd; I didn't like him so much, because he thought he was special.  What he didn't realize is that I am famous in Arizona and everyone loves me more.

Look, but not drink!
Even stuffed Javelinas look
look pretty scary!
Daddy had heard about a place where we might find javelinas; it was called Javelina Leap so we decided to go there.  Once we arrived, we realized
(I am sure Daddy already knew) that Javelina Leap was a winery. 

The people at Javelina Leap were really nice, but again we did not see real javelinas, only stuffed ones that were on the wall.  Mommy and Daddy decided to participate in the wine tasting and would not let me join them because they said I was only three years old.  Even though one of the ladies participating in the wine tasting tried to convince them that I was really 21 years old in dog years, they would not give in...bummer!
So very exhausted!

After going to Javelina Leap, we went shopping again...can you believe it?!?  We bought gifts for Lawson, Molly, and Miller and nothing for me; what's up with that?

Again, another exhausting day without seeing any real javelinas.  Time is running out, I must find at least one javelina tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Baxter boy no Javelinas to find but I am sure you had a great time any way . Have a safe trip home I know you miss your brothers,and they miss you too.Baily doesn't have anyone to beat out of the front door.

    ReplyDelete