Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 5 - Montezuma's Castle and Jerome, AZ


Last night Mommy and Daddy's friends, Michael and Susan arrived for a 2-day visit with us; they are so much fun, Susan even took me on several walks.  We went to dinner last night at the Hilton Hotel (fancy) and the restaurant people loved me so much I was allowed to dine inside the restaurant.  The server suggested I looked like a therapy dog because I was such a good and calm boy.  Daddy says I can go to therapy school when we return home.  I am a little leery about this though, because when I was about six months old Daddy told me I was going to be tutored, but I misunderstood and we went to the vet and I was neutered.  This time I will make very certain I am really going to school.  
I wonder how the dogs got up there?

On Tuesday, we went to Montezuma's Castle.  It was interesting to the people, but not so much for me...boring!  The five story, 20 room cliff dwelling stands like a high-rise ancient apartment building standing guard over the valley below. It was built by the Sinaqua Indian Tribe which means “without water” about 700 years ago in the early 1300s.  Fortunately, I did not have to go without water as they had doggie water bowls on the property.
  
Me and Hammer...
I look a little

scared don't I!?!
Next, we went to Jerome for the rest of the day.  That's where I met Hammer.  He is only nine months old and already weighs 160 pounds.  When he is fully grown he will weigh approximately 250 pounds.  I thought I was a big boy until I met him; he was a bit intimating.  Even though he was big, he was not very brave.  He was afraid to go down a flight of stairs and I had to show him the way. 

I love my Mommy!
We also went to a winery and ate lunch sitting on the patio overlooking the mountains and valley below...it was awesome.  Just like in Sedona, I was famous in Jerome too.  Everyone wanted to touch me and said I was a very well-behaved boy.    

We went to some shops in Jerome, but only Mommy bought something (of course!).  She collects kaleidoscopes and found a kaleidoscope bracelet, of course she had to buy it.  Because she bought the bracelet, Daddy said we could not afford to buy the teddy bear I wanted to bring home to Cashew and Bailey...sorry guys!  I also saw a turtle I wanted to buy for Julie, but I could not because again Daddy said Mommy spent too much on the bracelet.

Here's the teddy bear I wanted to buy;
Cashew and Bailey would have loved it!
Sorry Julie, you would have loved this too!




ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

As of today, fortunately for the javelinas, still no sightings!  I will have to search again tomorrow; I am too exhausted to do anything else today!

No comments:

Post a Comment