Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baxter, the Lariat Master

Most of my day today was focused on learning how to lasso a javelina. One thing I've learned in my three years...there is an app for everything. So knowing I had to quickly come up to speed, I downloaded "Cowboy Lasso" (yes it's a real application) to my iPad.

After playing the game...uh, I mean learning and practicing the art of using a lariat, I decided to go outside and try to lasso an object that was not breakable.  I tried to glue the lamp back together, but I suspect my mommy will notice, ugh!

I learned the trick is in the flicking of the wrist while spinning your hand (or in my case paw).  I know I am supposed to let my wrist act as an axle; but I suppose I will have to wing it because I don't know what an axle is or looks like.  There are way too many different throwing techniques that can be used, so I decided I would create my own.  And the variety of knots that can be used; good grief.  So I have created the double-overpawed knot...very nice!  Does anyone know, do I target the head or feet of the javelina? 

I am fairly certain I have now mastered the art of throwing a lariat; tomorrow I will try my skills on my brothers!


Impressive, don't you think!?!


1 comment:

  1. Baxter, we have discussed a new challenge for you. What about hunting the Western Diamond Back? I feel after seeing your lasso skills that you may be more successful with this challenge. Hudson (your brother from another litter) also agrees that you may be in over your head. He's been quite upset since your first blog and can't seem to get his mind off of the danger you may be putting yourself in. He thought about joining you on your adventure but he is currently grounded for eating 4 raw hotdogs and 2 biscuits off the kitchen coutner and a pack of juicy fruit from his mom's pocketbook. Please keep us updated on your decision as we are quite concerned here in the Costner house!!

    ReplyDelete