Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 1

Well, we made it through the first day.  We drove over 700 miles and saw some interesting sites and beautiful scenery.  At one point, I thought daddy made a wrong turn and we found ourselves in Egypt.  But then mommy said we were in Memphis and the 32 story pyramid we passed was really a sports arena.  It sits on the bank of the Missippii River and is taller than the Statue of Liberty or the Taj Mahal...it was really cool. We also saw a very large dam somewhere in Arkansas; the water was rushing over the dam with tremendous force and unfornately it made me have to pee, so we had to make a pit stop.

Fun play area in the SUV
Also in Arkansas there was a lot of flooding.  In fact, the I-40 interstate was closed part of the way and we had to make a detour; this was not a good thing.  I could run faster than the cars were driving and daddy became very frustrated.  At one point daddy said some words that I am certain a 3-year old should not hear, so I had to cover my ears. The flooding, like the dam, also made me have to pee, so again we had to make a pit stop.

We finally arrived at the hotel about 1-1/2 hours later than expected.  Fortunately, the hotel people did not make me get on a scale, so apparently I passed the weight restrictions and they let me go right in. 

Ahhhhh, hotel bed is great!

The hotel room was really nice, and mommy let me jump up and down on the bed.  This was my first time in a hotel and so I did get a little scared during the night.  So much so that it made me have to pee and I had to wake daddy to take me for a walk at 2:30 in the morning.  I was a really good boy in the hotel and didn't even bark one time.  Daddy said he was proud of me. 

 
One last thing to tell.  Mommy woke up this morning and I overheard her telling daddy she had a funny dream during the night.  She dreamed that when we arrived in Little Rock she forgot something and we had to turn around and go home.  Then the next day we started the trip over...I call that a NIGHTMARE not a funny dream! 
Hmmm, is anyone looking??


1 comment:

  1. Looks like Baxter is having a great time, he did take up to whole bed looks comfy.... Your brothers miss you.....

    ReplyDelete