Saturday, April 30, 2011

Going on an Adventure!

I have been told by my mommy and daddy (my people refer to themselves as mommy and daddy and even though I know they are really not, that's what I call them) I am going on a big adventure to Arizona.  They tell me that I can hunt javelina while I am there.  I hunt for many things in my yard like squirrels, lizards, rabbits and even snakes.  I know I am a pretty good hunter because I have successfully caught many lizards, a squirrel, a bat, and even a copperhead snake, but I never kill them.  The snake was really mean though and bit me; I was really sick for about a week, so I don't plan to hunt snakes anymore (well at least not copperhead ones).

That's me in the middle, Cashew on the left and Bailey sitting in the sunshine

To help you understand a bit about my life, I am one of three dogs in my family.  My mommy and daddy rescued Cashew when he was about three years old (he's seven now).  He was badly abused and cannot fully extend his left arm because it was broken when he was young and not properly fixed; this causes him to have a fairly evident limp.  I do not poke fun at Cashew because he took care of me when I was a puppy.  Cashew can run and play just as hard as I do and is so much fun; he is my best friend.  Bailey was rescued by mommy and daddy when he was eight months old; he's now seven.  Bailey thinks he is the boss of Cashew and me, but now that I am three years old, I have decided that I want to the the boss.  Bailey has not quite accepted this fact, so we occasionally have little arguments about this topic.  By the time I am four years old, I will be the boss!  We also live with a very fat pesky cat.  He too was rescued and was a blood donor at a local veterinary clinic, but I really don't care about that.  I love to chase him through the house every chance I get.

Unlike my rescued brothers I have lived with mommy and daddy since I was six weeks old.  I only weighed 10.5 pounds then and my daddy called me his little buttercup.  I am now a big boy and weigh about 85 pounds, but for this trip to Arizona I have to say I only weigh about 65 pounds; I don't think anyone is going to believe that, but hopefully the hotel people will.  My daddy says I am a good boy and when people meet me they will love me and ignore my size; I hope he is right.

I am going to be writing about my adventures to and from Arizona and I hope will you follow along with me.  And because I will be doing many things to prepare for the trip, I am beginning my blog today. 

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip, Baxter! Can't wait to hear all about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete